Kathryn Herbert; CAP, Read more [...]
Practitioner Category: Ayurveda Professionals
Dr. Manjiri Nadkarni’s mission is to make Ayurveda accessible to everyone in Canada.
- Founding member + President – Ayurveda Association of Canada
- Editorial Board Member, AyurvedMantra Magazine.
- Private practice in Sarnia, Ontario since 2012
- Excellent communication skills of conveying Ayurvedic fundamentals in easy to comprehend language.
- Excellent diagnostic skills and proficiency in Ayurvedic medicine.
- Leadership skills of heading the largest growing Ayurvedic Organization in Canada ‘Ayurveda Association of Canada’
- One of the very few Indian trained Ayurvedic Doctors, with complimentary education in Holistic Nutrition in Canada.
- Areas of expertise include gastrointestinal disorders, hormonal issues, allergies and mental health.
Degree & Certifications:
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery (5 1/2 years), Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, India, 2004
- Doctor of Medicine (Ayurveda) Specializing in Roga Nidan Evam Virkiti Vigyan (Ayurvedic Diagnostics & Pathology) (3 years), Gujarat Ayurved University, India 2009
- Post Graduate Diploma In Yoga & Naturopathy(1 year), Gujarat Ayurved University, India 2009
- Diploma in Natural Nutrition (1 year), Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, Ontario Canada 2014
- BASE Allergy Certification, Whitby Ontario 2015
- Pranic Healing Level 1-3, Mumbai India 2015
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Charaka Award 2016 for Excellence in Ayurvedic Teaching from Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (AAPNA) in May 2016
- Team member of Yoga Teacher Trainings teaching Bhagwad Gita and Yoga Fundamentals since 2015
- The Ayurveda & Nutrition expert on the bimonthly radio show ‘Ask the Expert’ on local radio CHOK 103.9FM since Jan 2015.
- Conducted various Ayurvedic workshops, retreats, seminars as well as webinars in and around Sarnia for increasing awareness of Ayurveda.
- Keynote speech on ‘Examining The Recent Trends in Health & Nutrition From An Ayurvedic Perspective’ at 17th AYURVEDA CONFERENCE: FOOD & NUTRITION’ held in Pittsburgh Pennysylvania, USA – May 13-15 2016
- Keynote Speech on ‘Role of Environment on the Etiology & Pathogenesis of PCOS’ at Ayurveda Conference Toronto 2017
- Taught Online 8 week Fundamentals Course in Ayurveda- July 2017
- Keynote on ‘Women’s Health According to Ancient Ayurveda’ at Share Ayurveda Conference, Vancouver 2018
- Leading the non profit ‘Ayurveda Association of Canada’ in supporting and building Ayurveda in Canada since May 2017 through seminars, webinars and conferences.
- Randomized placebo-controlled trial of Mustadi Ghanavati in Hyperlipidemia. Nadkarni MA, Vyas SN, Baghel MS, Ravishankar B
AYU (An international quarterly journal of research in Ayurveda), Year 2010, Volume 31, Issue 3 [p. 287-293] DOI: 10.4103/0974-8520.77150 PMID: 22131728
- A Comparative Study on Vidangadi Churna and Trivritayukta Navaka Guggulu in the Management of Sthaulya (Obesity).
Singh A, Nadkarni MA, Vyas SN, Baghel MS. AYU (An international quarterly journal of research in Ayurveda), Year 2008, Volume 29, Issue 1 [p. 56-62]