Kathryn Herbert; CAP, Read more [...]
Practitioner Category: Ayurveda Professionals
Year Name of Degree / Examination Name of Institute 2015 – Present PhD (Ayurveda ) SCSVMV University , Kanchipuram, India 2010 – 2013 M.D. (Ayu) in Kayachikitsa – General Medicine S.D.M College of Ayurveda,
Kuthpady , Udupi , India
(Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences)
2004-2010 B.A.M.S(Bachelor Of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Ayurveda College & Hospital , Chennai, India
2004 D.N.Y.S(Diploma in Naturopathy & Yogic Science) Asana Andiappan College Of Yoga And Research Centre , Chennai,India
Submitted dissertation, entitled “An Open Parallel Comparative Randomized Pragmatic Clinical Trial Evaluating The Efficacy Of Virechana In Sthaulya.” to RGUHS for the partial fulfillment of MD (Ayu) degree in 2013.
Currently working on the Research entitled “An open parallel comparative randomized clinical trial evaluating the efficacy of lashuna in Gridhrasi / sciatica ” with SCSVMV University , Kanchipuram for the partial fulfillment of PhD (Ayu) degree.
S.No Name of Institution Position Date of joining Date of Leaving/
1. Ayurveda College, Coimbatore
RVS Campus Unit-III
Assistant Professor/Lecturer in the Department of Kriya Sharir 1/7/2017 3/1/2018 2. Lifeline Hospital -LIMA,
New Avadi road ,Chennai
Consultant Ayurvedic Physician 1/2/2014 Present 3. The Arya Vaidya Pharmacy (Coimbatore) Ltd, Royapettah , Chennai Consultant Physician 8/4/2015 Present 4. Patanjali Chikitsalaya , Egmore , Chennai Senior Physician 16/5/2014 7/4/2015 5. International Ayurveda Medical Journal (IAMJ ) Editorial Board Member 9/4/2014 Present 6. Council for Ayurveda Research, Boston, USA Chief Editor of “Ayu Update” Newsletter 4/12/2014 Present 7. National Ayurveda Students & Youth Association – NASYA General Secretary NASYA – Tamil Nadu 01/06/2015 Present
International Conferences :
- On topic “ Scientific Validation of Rasayana Chikitsa w.r.t Vardhamana pippali rasayna in Tamaka swasa “ in “Aswini 2011 -International Conference of Ayurveda” held on 12thand 13th December 2011, at Chennai ,India
- On topic “ An Approach to diagnosis and treatment of Leukemia through pandu chikitsa“ in “International Congress on Ayurvedic Concepts and Treatment of Malignant Disorders” held on 15thand 16th December 2012, at S.D.M. college of Ayurveda, Kuthpady, Udupi , India
- On topic “To Evaluate The Therapeutic Effect Of Shivagutika In Rajayakshma/ Hiv Infection” in “Insight Ayurveda- International Reseach Conference on Ayurvedic Reseach and Education-” held on 24thand 25th May 2013, at Ayurvedic Trust Campus, Coimbatore , India
National Conferences :
- On topic “Clinical Efficacy Of Upanaha Sweda – w.s.r To Apabahuka “ held on 7th December 2011 , at Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Ayurveda College & Hospital , Chennai
- On topic “ Case Presentation “ in “Differentiate and Doctor Dhatukshaya Vatavyadhi” held on 24th February 2012, at S.D.M. college of Ayurveda, Kuthpady, Udupi , India
Seminars & Workshops Attended:
- International Conference on Ayurveda and Yoga organized by International Academy of Ayurveda held on 4th & 5th January 2014 at Dubai (UAE)
- Sruti Prakashika 2004 a National level seminar organized by Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Ayurveda College, Chennai held between 4th_ 8th October 2004.
- Ayurveda Moulika Siddhanta Anusandhana Parishad a national seminar held on 26th & 27th December 2004 at Chennai
- The International Conference on Ayurveda – Where Science Meets Consciousness , held at Mahabalipuram from 18th – 22nd January 2006
- Seminar on Ayurveda Mula Siddhanta , organized by Sarada Mahadevan Iyer Ayurvedic Educational and Charitable Trust on 10th June 2007
- Cardia Health – Ayur expo 2007 , held at Chennai in 2007
- Ayurvedic Clinical Medicine , organized by Sarada Mahadevan Iyer Ayurvedic Educational and Charitable Trust on 22nd June 2008
- Pre Convention workshops during the International Grand Centennial Convention on Ayurveda, organized by AVP in Coimbatore from 17th – 20th Aug2008
- International Grand Centennial Convention on Ayurveda, organized by AVP in Coimbatore from 21st – 24th August 2008
- “Recent advances in diagnosis and management of vatarakta – peripheral vascular disease” a state level seminar held at S.D.M. College of Ayurveda, Udupi, Karnataka, in Feb 2011.
- Aswini 2011 -International Conference of Ayurveda” held on 12thand 13th December 2011, at Chennai ,India
- “Sambhasha” – “A colloquim on Ayurvedic Perspective Hypertension” a two days seminar held on 17th and 18thFebruary 2012, at S.D.M. college of Ayurveda,
- “Differentiate and Doctor Dhatukshayaja Vatavyadhi(DKV)” a state level seminar held at S.D.M College of Ayurveda, Udupi, Karnataka on 24th February 2012
- “International Congress on Ayurvedic Concepts and Treatment of Malignant Disorders” held on 15thand 16th December 2012, at S.D.M. college of Ayurveda, Kuthpady, Udupi
- “Insight Ayurveda- International Reseach Conference on Ayurvedic Reseach and Education-” held on 24thand 25th May 2013, at Ayurvedic Trust Campus, Coimbatore , India
Training Profile & Internship Programme:
- In Departments of General surgery, General medicine, Obstetrics and gynecology in the month of July 2008 at VHS hospital, Chennai.
- Kanchi kamakoti Child Trust Hospital, Chennai for a period of 15 days in the month of August 2008.
- Sankara Nethralaya Eye hospital, Chennai for observation of various surgical procedures of the eyes and OP, IP cases for a period of 15 days in the month of Aug 2008.
- OPD of Sri Narayana guru Sevasramam Ayurveda Hospital, kanchipuram , India, for a period of one month during August 2009.
- Completed the BASIC LIFE SUPPORT PROVIDER COURSE , from TACT Academy for Clinical Training on 22nd September 2009
Prizes And Medals Won:
- Won the first prize and gold medal for a paper presentation on Child care in 2007 -2008
- Won the first prize and gold medal for a poster presentation in Ayurveda in 2008 -2009
- Won the first prize and gold medal in English oratory competition in 2008 -2009
- Won the first prize at Smrithivani ’09 ,the state level Quiz Contest held by Ayurvedic Graduates Association Tamilnadu on 23rd August 2009
- Won the first prize at the college level of Ayurwhiz Quiz Contest ( National Level Quiz contest ) held by Himalaya Herbal Healthcare on 7th December 2009
- Won the second prize at the state level of Ayurwhiz Quiz Contest ( National Level Quiz contest ) held by Himalaya Herbal Healthcare on 9th April 2010
- Won the second prize for a debate compitition in Ayurveda in 2009 -2010
- Excellent diagnostic and medical skills
- Experience in treating a variety of diseases
- Proficient with hands on experience in various Panchakarma techniques