Kathryn Herbert; CAP, Read more [...]
Practitioner Category: Ayurveda Professionals
B.A.M.S., BSc (Hons) Herbal Medicine, MSc Herbal Medicine
Dr. Ashish Paul’s aim is to bring awareness to the holistic benefits that people can enjoy by using the ancient Indian treatments and the western herbal medicine. These therapies work with the natural rhythm of the body, treat the cause of a problem and have less adverse effects.
Consultancy at AshishVeda Jan 2015-Present
Ashishveda Fertility Consultant- Supporting Couples going through their Fertility journey with my Ānanda Programme.
Ayurvedic and Herbal Consultancy and treatments in the field of Fertility, Gynaecological Health and Women’s Health.
Consultancy at AyuVa June 2004 – 2014
Herbal practitioner offering patients consultations and treatment within an ethical framework using western and Ayurvedic organic herbs.
June/Jul 2011 – Presented 4 live Health Shows on DMDigital TV
Oct 2005-Lectured at an Indian children’s’ charity “Deepalaya” about the therapeutic benefits of Ayurvedic cooking
Clients in Cyprus, Training Therapist and clients in Cyprus, Workshop at Health Food Shop in Kyrenia
Working as an Ayurvedic Consultant at Le Monde Ayurvedique, Geneva, Switzerland
Offering consultations to the patients
Teaching Ayurvedic Therapies to the therapists at the clinic
Closely involved in overall management and running of the clinic
Worked in partnership with Dr Saurabh Dave in Baroda, Gujarat India
Worked as a consultant in Dhanvantari Ayurveda Hospital
Teaching Interactive Panchakarma Courses to Professionals
London Borough of Newham Jan 2005-April 2007 (part-time)
Designing courses to teach Herbal Medicine, Yoga and Indian Head and Shoulder Massage; Understanding the educational needs of the students and develop the courses to suit most of the students. Assessing the progress of the students in the class by observing their practical work; Encouraging students to ask about their health concerns.
BLOOMSBURY PRACTICE (Osteopathy Clinic) May 2004-October 2004
Administering bookings/cancellations for clients/patients for Osteopathy/Herbal Medicine sessions; Making phone enquiries /placing orders for herbs; Dispensing Herbal Medicines
AVEDA Ltd. Aug 2001-Feb 2005 (part-time)
working in Harvey Nichols, Selfridges, Liberty and free-standing Aveda shops to sell natural skin/hair care products.
BHARTI VYAS BEAUTY & HOLISTIC THERAPY CENTRE Jan 2000-October 2001
Consultations; Guiding massage therapists; Compiling Ayurvedic manual and Product notes; Analysing mail-order clients.
RANA HOSPITAL (Gynaecology and Obstetrics), INDIA Jun 1993-Feb 1998
Normal/complicated deliveries; Caesarean sections; Gynaecological operations; General surgery; Vaccination to children
Oil painting, Yoga, reading, classical music, spiritual healing, cinema, traveling, henna painting
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
- Computing skills-Word, Print Shop
Presented a scientific paper at Europe Ayurveda Academy Conference, London Oct 2017
Presented a scientific paper in Ayurveda at RajAyuCon 2013-23/24 Feb 2013
Ayurveda Open Day 15 Mar 2011-Wanstead Community Centre, London E11
Ayurvedic Herbs in Immunomodulation, Mortimer Market Centre, London WC1E6JD-Aug 2010
London Vegan Group, London-27th June 2007
Ladies Event, Leicester-23rd June 2007
Herbal Medicine Awareness Week, Ayuva Clinic-25th May 2007
Herbal Medicine Awareness Week, Ayuva Clinic-Aug 2006
- Ayurvedic Kitchen remedies- Deepalaya 5th Nov 2005
- Attended two certified massage courses in Regent’s Park, London during June and July 2000.
- 2002-Finished ‘Reiki Level 1 and Level 2’ course
- Nov 2007-Dynamic Yoga Teachers Training (Certificate pending).
Learnt and practice Sivananda Yoga-Intermediate level
- 2003-First Aid Course
- 2002-2003-Joint-Editor of student pages of ‘Herbal Thymes’: A quarterly newsletter from the ‘National Institute of Herbal Medicine’
- Certified Healing Course at the College of Psychic Studies, Queensberry Place, London. Started October 2002-Finished December 2004 (five semester course)
- Ongoing learning with the Seminars of Postgraduate Training Board of National Institute of Medical Herbalists (NIMH)
- Organizational Review Committee (ORC)-Served voluntarily on NIMH’s ORC from Oct 2004 Sep 2005.
- Ayurvedic Practitioner Association’s (APA) – Director of Education Committee-Serving voluntarily on this committee since Dec 2004 and; has represented APA in EHPA’s (European Herbal Practitioner’s Association) education committee; worked on developing JAPA (Journal of APA)
- Chair at the Athena Network Chigwell Group Meetings Jan – Dec 2010