Despite all the advances of the modern world we as a race have never been more sick than ever before.
A Broken System – Approximately …
- 600,000 people die from heart attacks annually in the U.S.
- 800,000 strokes occur annually in the U.S. often related to high blood pressure
- 50,000,000 people in the U.S. suffer from autoimmune conditions
- 120,000,000 people worldwide are affected by mental depression
- 1,000,000,000 people around the world suffer from diabetes and obesity
Good health depends on strong, efficient digestion. Digest Tone supports the digestive system and elimination; assists the body in absorbing nutrients; high-quality antioxidant; wide range of benefits.
It’s very intuitive to acknowledge that in order to regain a state of good health and balance it is necessary to maintain a certain lifestyle in accordance with nature. Let us therefore re-explore natural ways to revolutionize the way we care for our own health; true healthcare.
- Nourish the body
- Heal the gut
- Sleep well & Transcend stress
1.Nourish The Body:
In ancient times food was considered medicine. This being the case, people valued food much differently then. Perhaps the greatest detriment to health in human history is the introduction of industrial food processing.
This traditional spice mix helps stimulate your digestive fire so you can absorb all the wholesome goodness from your food.
Three Simple Considerations:
1. eat nutrient dense whole foods like vegetables, nuts and seeds, herbs and spices
2. eat healthy fats as they are essential [absolutely necessary; extremely important]
3. minimize the intake of flour, sugar and other sweeteners, industrial seed oils, processed and refined food, and snacks of all kinds
“Prevention Is Better Than Cure.” – Wisdom
The wisdom of Ayurveda provides basic dietary guidelines. The best way to avoid any disorder is prevention. Enjoying a balancing diet and lifestyle can help maintain optimum health. Some key points to remember in addition to the above causes include:
- Avoid ice drinks and cold foods. This will weaken the digestive fire and can lead to indigestion.
- Eat the largest meal between the hours of 11am and 1pm when digestive fire is strong.
- Eat a light meal for dinner to avoid overtaxing the stomach.
- Avoid overeating and emotional eating. This can make it hard for the stomach to properly digest the overloaded food.
- Get moving! Taking a walk after meals can aid in digestion and increase digestive fire. Certain yoga poses and pranayama (breathing exercises) are also particularly beneficial.
- Following a daily routine of meditation, oil massages and self-care will bring overall balance and contentment.
The Sophistication Of Ancient Wisdom
Even further, the science of Ayurveda explains with great sophistication the importance of eating according to one’s constitution [i.e. dosha type] while acknowledging other principles such as seasonal variations with a knowing that food affects both the body and mind equally. According to the teachings of Ayurveda food not only nourishes the body but also nourishes and affects the mind.
Certain foods which are thought to provide clarity [“sattva”] to the mind include:
– FRUIT: mangos, pomegranate, coconut, figs, peaches
– GRAINS: rice, tapioca, blue corn
– VEGETABLES: sprouts, sweet potato, lettuce, parsley, yellow squash
– BEANS: mung beans, yellow lentils, kidney beans, lima beans
Click Here – To Learn How Food Affects Your Mind
2.Healing The Gut
Ayurveda has described the underlying function of digestion and metabolism in our body as Agni [“Fire”]. Regarding the importance of Agni, the father of Ayurveda – Charak stated that when Agni of the individual is balanced then that person would be absolutely healthy and would lead a long, happy and healthy life.
Practical Tips To Help Improve Your Gut Flora:
- avoid foods and chemicals which irritate the gut mucosal lining
- eat plenty of fermentable fibers [i.e. starches like sweet potato, yam, yucca, etc.]
- eat fermented items like kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut, kim chi, etc.
- consider taking a probiotic and prebiotic supplement
GHEE + Gut Health
Healthy digestion is considered the fundamental pillar of good health. According to Ayurvedic literature, ghee increases the digestive function and thought to nourish nearly all tissues of the body – specifically the gastrointestinal tract by reducing inflammatory conditions, reducing seepage of undigested food particles, and aids in repair of the mucosal wall.
Top 7 foods to get rid of leaky gut:
1. Bone Broth – 8 oz 2 times a day
2. Kefir or fermented yogurt
3. Fermented vegetables
4. Coconut oil
5. Wild caught fish like Salmon
6. Flax seeds
7. Steamed vegetables or vegetables in the crockpot: broccoli, cauliflower, celery carrots, cabbage or squash are all great
– Dr. Josh Axe
3. Sleep Well & Transcend Stress
It’s nearly impossible to be healthy without adequate sleep. Sleep is essential for the maintenance and repair of the neurological, endocrine, immune, musculoskeletal and digestive systems. Rather, sleep is necessary for all systems of the body. Period.
Just some of the obvious benefits of a great night sleep:
- Enhances memory and mental clarity
- Improves athletic performance.
- Boosts mood and overall energy.
- Improves immune function.
- Increases stress tolerance
HOT MILK – The Natural Sleep Aid
Hot milk – milk is a wonderful source of tryptophan which helps induce sleep. If consumed an hour before bed with a pinch of nutmeg, it can provide sound and restful sleep.
Stress management is perhaps the most important factor regarding health because no matter what diet you follow, how much you exercise and what supplements you take, if you’re not managing your stress you will still be at risk for modern degenerative conditions like heart disease, diabetes, hypothyroidism and autoimmunity.
What is stress?
“… any event in which environmental demands, internal demands, or both tax or exceed the adaptive resources of an individual.” – Richard Lazarus; Prominent Psychologist
Just some of the effects of stress upon the body:
- Raises your blood sugar.
- Weakens your immune system.
- Makes your gut leaky.
- Makes you hungry and crave sugar.
- Reduces your ability to burn fat.
- Suppresses your HPA-axis, which causes hormonal imbalances.
- Reduces your DHEA, testosterone, growth hormone and TSH levels.
- Increases your belly fat and makes your liver fatty.
- Causes depression, anxiety and mood imbalances.
- Contributes to cardiovascular disease.
“Too blessed to be stressed.”
Just Some Of The Potential Benefits Of Meditation:
– greater clarity and inner calmness
– increased creativity and happiness
– improved sense of emotional stability
– reduced level of anxiety and depression
– improved brain function and memory
– reduced level of stress
… the list can go on and on …
The ancient science of Ayurveda has described health to be a state of perfect balance. Ultimately, to revolutionize healthcare we must seek a state of balance. The ancient wisdom of Ayurveda provides a time-tested approach to a state of perfect health.
This is strictly for educational purposes only and NOT considered medical advice. Always first discuss the risks/benefits/alternatives with your primary care physician before considering any new health regimen.