Ayurvedic Tips To Help Manage Heartburn
Do you ever get that burning, stinging sensation rising from your stomach and chest to your throat? Of course you have. In fact, according to the National Institute of Diabetes and Kidney Digestive Diseases, 60 million people experience heartburn at least once a month and 25 million experience these symptoms daily. Staggering!
Basic Guidelines To Help Prevent Heartburn:
– avoid spicy food
– avoid fermented food and pickles
– minimize intake of citrus and sour fruit
– avoid overeating
Easy Soothing Recipes
EASY RECIPE #1
– 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
– 1 pinch of baking soda
Simply mix these two ingredients and drink. This will help to provide immediate soothing effects upon the burning sensation common to acid reflux and GERD.
EASY RECIPE #2
– 10 drops of lime juice
– 1/2 teaspoon of organic sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
Mix all three ingedients together making sure to add the baking soda last. This simple recipe will help to neutralize the excessive acid within the stomach and therefore help to alleviate the symptoms common with acid reflux.
EASY RECIPE #3
– 1 cup of papaya juice
– 1 teaspoon of organic sugar
– 2 pinches of cardamom
Mix all three ingredients together and drink. This recipe will also help to alleviate the the symptoms of both acid reflux and indigestion. A cautionary note, avoid this recipe if you are pregnant since papaya contains a natural estrogen which may affect the natural progression of pregnany and increase the risk of a miscarriage.
INTERESTING VIDEO ~ “The Heartburn Myth” by Dr. Berg
Basic Guidelines For Better Digestion:
Although very simple these basic principles, if followed routinely, are often enough to improve your digestion and overall health. Often it’s the simple things that are most effective and oddly enough – overlooked. That said, let’s quickly take a look at the basics.
– All food should be freshly prepared, nutritious, and appetizing
– Food should generally contain all 6 tastes balanced to one’s needs
– We should leave 4-6 hours between meals with no snacking in between
– Eat your largest meal during the day when the sun is at its peak
– Relax and enjoy your meals in a calm soothing environment